Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Well, that's quite enough of THAT laziness...

I have been so neglectful of this blog, I apologize.

Lately, my life has been up in the air. There was some talk of a new career, an out of state trip that didn't turn out the way I'd have rather, a threatening situation and a burned book all thrown in together. (Don't worry if that doesn't make any sense, unless you were here it's not supposed to.)

However, through it all, we have been praying. Though the answers were not what we wished them to be, we are still here, still going, still safe and strong. Prayers and answers are funny that way. I've often wished, instead of guiding that God would send me a printed itinerary of the future. That way, I'd know exactly what to plan for. Knowing me, however, I'd end up using it to argue the points along the way that I didn't like as well. Once again, Heavenly Father knows best. He certainly knows this particular daughter.

More than ever, it seems like almost everyone I know is in the same boat - working for a living, IF they're lucky enough to be employed, struggling to make it till next payday, striving to bloom where they're planted in non-prime soil. (I'm right there with you, digging roots into alkaline desert soil when they'd rather be in ocean beach sand.)

So...

All that being said, life is settling into the regular routine again. Here I go again. I'm recommitting out loud, in front of God and any readers that stop by, to get this blog active again, and to keep it that way.

For a start, since we all know that chocolate fixes (almost) everything - here's a quick fix for you.


Crazy Fudge Cake - also known as Crazy Cake, Wacky Cake, and Depression Cake. Takes NO eggs, but is dense and rich, dark chocolate cake that is absolutely delicious!

Tips:  
1. Do not use Dutch chocolate - this needs good old dark Hershey's cocoa powder.
2. It only needs one bowl, and if you're desperate you can even mix it up in the pan you bake it in. Just make sure you mix it very well.
3. Unless you want sweetness overload, don't bother frosting. You can if you want, but it's super rich all on it's own.
4. If you let this sit out and it gets a little hard (stale), serve it covered with warm milk, and it is absolutely fantastic! If you slice it thin and put it in a warm oven for an hour, it makes fabulous biscotti!

(This recipe card should print perfectly as a 4x6 recipe card. Print and enjoy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment